The Last meeting is set for Tuesday, August 13 – Citizenship Papers/ Location: Presentation Practice Room at D.H. Hill Library (located on the first floor in the Learning Commons) at 6 pm. Then at 7:30 continue the conversation at Mitch’s tavern on Hillsborough St. All welcome even if you have not read the book!
An invitation for Caldwell Fellows and alumni:
The Caldwell summer reading group is in full swing but it’s not too late to join the fun! Three readings were selected…all connected to the theme “Doing Okay, in Light of Things Not Always Going Well” (following our ‘Doing Better at Doing Good’ theme of the last academic year).
The readings include a novel, a book of essays, and a personal life account with reflections.
Here are the rules of the group
1. You can read any or all of the books.
2. You can come to the gathering, whether or not you have read all of the
3. You can read the books, no matter where you are…a nice way to ‘connect’ with the community. Send us an email sharing your thoughts even if you can’t come to the meeting.
Here are the books.
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail – Cheryl Strayed
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barbery
- Citizenship Papers - Wendell Berry (the topic for August 13)
Wherever your summer takes you, we invite you join our community in this shared learning experience. Literature knows no physical boundary.
The Caldwell Summer Book Club Steering Committee (Neel Mandavelli, Jake Thompson, Cam White, Megan Chesser, Sam Dennis, Janice Odom)